Utilize este identificador para referenciar este registo: http://hdl.handle.net/10400.1/6276
Título: Composition and biological activity of the essential oil peruvian lantana camara
Autor: Benites, J.
Moiteiro, C.
Miguel, Maria Graça
Rojo, L.
Lopez, J.
Venancio, F.
Ramalho, L.
Feio, S.
Dandlen, S. A.
Casanova, H.
Torres, I.
Data: 2009
Editora: Sociedad Chilena Quimica
Resumo: The composition of the essential oil from Lantana camara L. (Verbenaccae) obtained by hydrodistillation of the aerial parts was examined by GC, GC/MS, and (13)C-NMR. The GC analysis showed that carvone is the most abundant monoterpene 75.9%, together with limonene 16.9%, accounting for 92.8% of the oil. The major components were also tested by (13)C-NMR analysis of the essential oil. The L. camara oil was assayed against several microorganisms, showing moderate antibacterial activity against the human pathogen Staphylococcus aureus (MIC 200 mu g/ml). High antioxidant activity evaluated by the Trolox equivalent antioxidant capacity assay (TEAC) was found (29.0 mmol Trolox/kg) and relative low anti-inflammatory activity due to its weak ability for inhibiting lipoxygenase (IC(50) = 81.5 mu g/ml).
URI: http://hdl.handle.net/10400.1/6276
ISSN: 0717-9324
Aparece nas colecções:FCT2-Artigos (em revistas ou actas indexadas)

Ficheiros deste registo:
Ficheiro Descrição TamanhoFormato 
Composition and biological activity of the essential oil peruvian lantana camara.pdf761,17 kBAdobe PDFVer/Abrir


FacebookTwitterDeliciousLinkedInDiggGoogle BookmarksMySpace
Formato BibTex MendeleyEndnote 

Todos os registos no repositório estão protegidos por leis de copyright, com todos os direitos reservados.